Monday, March 24, 2008

Lunch at TCC

Had lunch today at TCC near Plaza Singapura with friends Choy and Adrian....

Must say that the lunch time crowd in that area is pretty bad.... just imagine the fact that we could hardly find any other place to eat...

The famous cafe at the main entrance of Plaza Singapura was fully packed and we were told who seemed to be the manager that we had to queue for some 15 mins and then order our food and wait another 30 mins for the food to be served. Also, the set lunches were also running low!!!

So being left with no choice, we adjourned to TCC.. thankfully , I had my TCC card with me too!

Anyway, today I encountered the same Indian man that asked me for money a couple of weeks back. It seems that he is always stationed at the corridor of Hotel Rendezvous and his story always goes that he has not eaten and would like to buy something to eat...

It's not that I am being unsympathetic.. but I feel that since I have already given once.. and the fact he is able bodied... he should just jolly well look for a job.. which just reminds of the characters Mary and husband in the local TCS production, Made in Singapore 一房半厅一水缸...

Indeed our reel life local dramas do get inspiration from real life.. Speaking of which.. I kinda find the character Automatic Auntie funny!

No comments: