Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Studying never ends..

The Sea of Knowledge is never ending..

Having been studying for some 20 years now, exclusive the time I spent in National Service and stuff, it is really amazing how education has shaped and molded my life.

With just a year more to go in my Advanced Food Technology Diploma course, I am starting to think ahead of what should I do next?

Heard about the newly launched degree programme, jointly organized with Massey University, a couple of days back. Yes, it is finally going to start after so many years of discussion. But when I looked through the course details, I realized that it is going to be a two year full time course programme. I really don’t have time to continue full time (or at least, that is what I am thinking now).

Distance Learning really makes live easier....

Browsed thru the websites and I discovered that there is an organization called Kaplan. They do actually have a ‘branch’ in Singapore called APMI Kaplan which also has operations in Hong Kong, APMI Kaplan offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate education – including MBA and doctoral degrees – through affiliations with institutions in Australia, the U.K. and the U.S.

This really sounds good to me as I heard that Kaplan uses distance learning whereby learning is done from home. They also do have a wide genre of foundation degrees in Business & Management, Marketing and Sales, Entrepreneurship and Internet Marketing.

Business does really sound interesting to me now after all the technical jargon from food, perhaps it is really time for me to do something non food related. So marketing food products will be a breeze for me!

I can already imagine how flexible it can be, a perfect juggle between a hectic work lifestyle and school! The wonders of technology at the convenience of one’s home… A dream come true.. Now its time to make the decision!



No comments: