Saturday, May 30, 2009

Disgusting Durian Crepes

I am a huge fan of fresh D24 Durian Crepes.. but this incident that happened recently seems just set to ruin my craves!

I was utterly disgusted and disappointed by the quality of products I bought from a store that has a chain hailing itself as the "No. 1 Durian Cake Maker in Singapore" on Thursday night, bearing in mind that the duration from the store to the refrigerator was less then a hour to prevent spoilage. When I consumed them on Friday morning, the products were already gassy and had a sour smell.. the crepe was already wet and soggy.

What dismays me is that this is not the first time that this incident has happened to me, and I was told before to keep the spoiled sample and bring it back to the same outlet for a refund. But who in the right frame of mind will keep something that is already going bad, or rather gone bad, with a repulsive odour in the fridge?

From a food safety point of view, I would like to mention that the product packaging does not have a batch code on the it, my question would be: How are the manufacturer then able to tell which batch of products were spoiled or have quality defects? Also, if there is a need for a particular batch to be recalled, how would this be facilitated?

I would certainly hope that this matter gets resolved fast, lest we have another round of severe food poisoning in Singapore!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Well I'm really not fond of Durian. I find the odor disgusting already what more a fetid one? Ghark!

Daisy said...

I hope you get your refund though and put this shop closed!