Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Ionic equation?

Was at this particular cafe at the newly opened Orchard Ion...

As you can see from the picture I took, I had food and beverage ordered and served to me:

However, when I asked for glass of water, I was told that it would cost be 40 cents exclusive of the prevailing GST and service charge. Seriously do not understand why I should be paying for this glass of water! It's not about the meagre couple of cents.. but rather the utter lack of sense!

If the main reason of charging for iced water is to 'encourage' more diners to order beverages from their menu, then those that have already ordered should be served iced water complimentary.

To me, it is pretty much shocking as while. this cafe belongs to a group of restaurants that owe other cafes like a popular Thai chain as well as another that is named after a US destination, the other cafes have not practised such a habit!

No comments: