Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lack of Privacy on Taxis

I was going back home earlier and decided to call for a cab...

Spoke to the operator and confirmed my location and destination and was put on hold for a long time.

A vacant cab happened to pass by and stopped for me, so being very tired and eager to get home, I just boarded the cab.

Halfway into the expressway, my handphone rang with an unknown number flashing on its screen. When I picked up, a cab driver claimed to be waiting at my location for a period of time already.

I am pretty surprised that cab drivers have access to their customers contacts via the booking system. Is there a breach of privacy in such a scenario?

1 comment:

Clarence said...

haha yr behaviour is "unethical"...

and yes, the cab companies will now hand yr contact to the cab driver for any bookings, to help the driver get the location of the bookee.

it's nothing new, really.