Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh... so familliar... but not so...

I went to this cafe that I always used to go...

It has changed management.... but the staff are still there...

Somehow or rather, I feel that the standard of the food has changed...
Being in the food industry, loads of people often fail to realise that running a cafe / food service line is indeed not easy.

Surroundings can influence one easily, which is why sensory labs often have white walls to prevent any possible influence from colours/ambience.

The steps used to make a food also influences its taste; like if you add sauce/dressing to a crepe too early, the result will be a soggy crepe!

Lastly, the most important ingredient is love and passion. These are most important ingredients, just like how a dash of salt and pepper can spice up your meals. Without love and passion, most meals would be without that extra oomph!

Just my 2 cents worth... wonder if I will have to get used to changes....

No comments: